Anthony R. Mignanelli
- Estate Planning for taxable and non-taxable estates
- Powers of Attorney
- Special Needs Planning
- Probate Administration
- Estate Settlement
- Trust Administration
- Charitable Giving
- How to claim MA lottery winnings anonymously
Anthony R. Mignanelli is now listed as one of the Top 3 Estate planning lawyers in Providence.
ANTHONY R. MIGNANELLI is the principal attorney of Mignanelli & Associates, Ltd. Mr. Mignanelli received his B.S. degree in Business Administration from Bryant University in 1973 and his J.D. degree from the George Mason University School of Law in 1980. He is admitted to practice in both Rhode Island and Virginia, as well as the United States District Court for Rhode Island, United States Tax Court and the United States Supreme Court. Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Mignanelli was employed as a Trust Officer with Rhode Island Hospital Trust National Bank, and Old Stone Trust Company.
Mr. Mignanelli successfully litigated the landmark special needs planning case of Chenot v. Bordeleau wherein the Rhode Island Supreme Court held that persons who are beneficiaries of discretionary trusts may also be eligible for medical assistance benefits. He also prevailed in another precedent-setting case, Pezza v. Pezza, in which the Rhode Island Supreme Court defined the rights of a surviving spouse to real estate held in trust.
Mr. Mignanelli was voted one of the four best estate planning attorneys in a survey of the Fifty Best Lawyers in Rhode Island published by Rhode Island Monthly in February, 1998. Mr. Mignanelli was also recognized as one of New England's top attorneys in Super Lawyers Magazine numerous times.
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court District of Rhode Island
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia
- J.D. - 1980
- Bryant University, Smithfield, Rhode Island
- B.S. - 1973
- Major: Business Administration
- Co-Author, Estate Planning and Administration for the Small Estate 1996, Rhode Island Bar Association Publication #96-12
- Co-Author, Basic Drafting of Living Trusts in Rhode Island 1988, 1991 National Business Institute, Inc. Eau Claire, WI
- Author, How Rhode Island Dealt With the Change in the State Death Tax Credit 2001, Rhode Island Bar Journal
- Chenot v. Bordeleau, Rhode Island Supreme Court
- Pezza v. Pezza, Rhode Island Supreme Court
Classes & Seminars
- Lecturer, Estate Planning and Estate Settlement Issues
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Probate and Trust Committee
- Virginia State Bar
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Tax Court
- United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island
- Salvation Army Advisory Board, Advisory Board Member
- Estate Planning Council
- University Club
- Providence Art Club
- Mr. Mignanelli was voted one of the top four estate planning attorneys in a survey of the fifty best lawyers in Rhode Island published by Rhode Island Monthly in February 1998.
- Mr. Mignanelli received the Rhode Island Bar Associations Dorothy Lohmann Community Service Award in May 2002, in recognition of his service to The Salvation Army, The Blackstone Valley Arc and The Fogarty Center Arc
- Mr. Mignanelli was awarded the Professional Excellence in Law as published by Rhode Island Monthly in June 2022.